Direct Marketing Article
Insurance Marketing, Postcards - 15 Top
Postcard Offers/Direct Mail
4 Article Series on Postcard Marketing - article 4 of 4
By Jeffrey Dobkin
Post cards are excellent direct marketing vehicles. Because of their short
format, they're not great at closing sales, but they're awesome at flushing
out people who are interested, generating inquiries and making your phone
ring with very warm prospects.
This is the fourth article in the series on increasing response by creating
effective post cards. The first article set the goals and objectives of our
post card marketing campaign. The second and third articles examined how to
write and design post cards that draw maximum response and make your phone
ring. Here are 15 offers you can make to get your phone to ring.
One of the biggest benefits of any direct mail marketing campaigns is it can
be so well-targeted to highly qualified suspects, prospects, and current and
past customers. Postcards can be mailed with precision to a highly focused
mailing list. Since postcards can be so selectively mailed to a target
audience, unlike most advertising mediums such as newspapers, magazines,
trade shows, radio and TV, there's no wasted advertising expense.
Direct marketing campaigns using post cards are low in cost because post
cards are cheap to print, address and mail. A very aggressive marketing
campaign - including mailing a postcard every two weeks for a full year - is
just $13. This cost includes the post card, printing, mailshop services (inkjetting
the address and sorting in zip sequence) and postage costs.
Of all direct mail formats, postcards are easiest to handle - no folding,
stuffing, tabbing, inserting - just address and mail. And postcards make
your phone ring by using the the age old direct marketing criteria of the
right headline, clever copywriting, bright graphics, and an irresistible
offer with a solid call to action: "Just pick up the phone and call right
now for this FREE Offer!"
I did mention you need a great offer to make the phone ring, right? Here are
Remember the objective of direct mail marketing post card campaign is
generally not to sell anything - it's just to have the reader call you and
to make your phone ring. So make your offers sound great, and make "calling
for information" sound so tempting and easy the reader just naturally
reaches for the phone. Here are some offers to make the phone ring written
specifically for the insurance industry. Not in the insurance field? Modify
some of these and they'll work for you!
- New types of coverage are available from our office, and from our
new line of providers. Call now and get our FREE booklet on…
- New LTCI discount rates.
- New Low Cost Travelers Insurance.
- New types of policies are available… Call now to see the very
different kinds of policies you can now get…
- New Boat protection insurance
- Now Providing New Tractor Insurance
- New half year policy - why buy a whole year when you just need…
- FREE Upgrade. As our providers change, some new policies offer
extended coverage for the same rate. Call and see if you are eligible for an
upgrade for FREE! Call now and…
- New Lower Rates: Some rates go up, some just go down. Call us for
our free list of cost reductions…
- New Discount Insurance Companies. Our New "No frills" providers now
offer ultra low cost bare-bones coverages. Call us right now to see if you
- FREE Policy Review. (Make this a wonderful twice-a-year offering, or
"On Special Request.") Call us for a…
- New products are available in Auto, Life, Health, LTC and business
protection. Call now for…
- Our New Providers offer better rates, policies and coverage. Call
- More Protection, Less Cost. Selected coverages. Call now for…
- Thanks for your business
- Thanks for your referrals
- Free Quotes. Always our pleasure to quote.
- Immediate coverage - Immediate bond. Why wait? if you're in a hurry
and need coverage our agents
- Immediate quotes on most coverages on your request!
- Free Lunch. Yes, we're buying! Call for…
- FREE Booklet! "11 Ways to Save on Your Insurance!" "How to ask for
and get a lower rate!"
- FREE Analysis! Let me look over your policy portfolio and I'll show
you where you can save money. Get rid of lousy coverage you don't need.
- Lower your risk: Call us first for all your insurance quotes.
About the Author:
This is the final in the 4-part series on creating an effective direct mail
postcard marketing campaign by Jeffrey Dobkin. Direct marketing with post
cards is easy and effective, IF you know how. You need to 1. know what to
say, 2. who to say it to, 3. create a very hot headline, 4. make an
attractive offer, and 5. blend lively graphics with 6. enticing copy and 7.
mail to the right list. For the complete article, and more direct mail
marketing ideas and articles, including other articles on effective post
card marketing please visit
Jeffrey Dobkin will now take your questions, call him on it: 610-642-1000
rings on his desk. Write to him at The Danielle Adams Publishing Company ·
Box 100 · Merion Station, PA 19066. Dobkin has written 4 books on increasing
response in your direct mail and direct marketing campaigns. Titles include
"How To Market A Product for Under $500," "Direct Marketing Strategies," and
"Uncommon Marketing Techniques." Please order his books at the
NMOA Book Store
or call directly, or download Dobkin's e-books on this website,