Direct Marketing, Mail Order, and E-commerce News from the National Mail Order Association
Advertise on this site using Google
Web Marketing Tactics
Six pages your website should have to increase sales.
Among the thousands of domain name and web services companies throughout the world, why should someone do business with YOU? Gareth Davies of the Internet marketing firm GSNIC (http://www.gsinc.co.uk ) believes that the inclusion of six pages on your website can make the difference. The pages may seem like a no-brainer, but surprisingly many ecommerce companies overlook them or bury them in their site navigation.
1. About Us - Your introductory handshake. Let prospects know your company's story. "Allow people to like you," Davies says. How can you humanize your business online? Tell the story of how your business started, management profiles and even short bios of your employees.
2. Contact Us - Another step in establishing trust. "They want to know where you are and how to get hold of you," Davies advises. In addition to a phone number and physical address, Davies notes you should add the times that your phone will be answered by a live person.
3. Site Map - Can you get to all your important pages within 2 clicks of your home page? If you can't, your prospects can't, and the search engines can't. In addition to helping your prospect find what they want, a site map also optimizes your site for crawling by search engines.
4. Why Buy From Us - This is where you detail the unique qualities and advantages of your business. Do you offer a guarantee? Price matching? 24/7 customer service? Without detailing these advantages, "you leave it to price or chance," adds Davies.
6. Testimonials - In a world of marketing hype, why should your prospects take only your word about your company? Davies asserts client testimonials provide, "a certain level of proof you deliver on your promises" and enables prospects to "picture themselves as your customer."
Davies company makes available a video of their "Six Crucial Pages Your Website Should Have" here, http://www.gsinc.co.uk/tips/six-pages-your-ecommerce-website-needs.html as well as a library of other web marketing videos on such topics as SEO and keyword research on their website. http://www.gsinc.co.uk/tips/index.html
Useful Direct Marketing and Mail Order Links.
Advertising- Bridal Market Advertising Guide
Advertising- Christian Market Advertising Guide
Advertising- Hispanic/Latino Market Advertising Guide
Advertising- Hispanic/Latino Market Advertising Guide- Master Series
Advertising- Home Furnishing and Decor Advertising Guide
Advertising- Home Gardening Advertising Guide
Advertising- Parenting Market Advertising Guide
Advertising-Pet Market Advertising Guide
Advertising- Woman's Market Advertising Guide
Advertising- How to Create Great Small Business Advertising
Advertising- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene M. Schwartz
Call Centers- Telephone Order Taking Services
Catalogs- Catalog and E-commerce Benchmarks
Catalogs- Directory of Mail Order Catalogs
Catalogs- Top 150 Catalogs in the United States
Classified Advertising- How to Market using Classified Ads
Direct Mail- Copywriters and Creative Services Guide
Direct Mail- Directory of Major Direct Mailers
Direct Mail- Inside Direct Mail Newsletter
Direct Mail- Secrets of Successful Direct Mail by Dick Benson
Direct Marketing- Direct Marketing Seminars and Events
Direct Marketing- Direct Marketing Statistics
Direct Marketing- Direct Marketing Response Rates
Direct Marketing- Direct Marketing Toolkit
Direct Marketing- Industry Contact Directory
Fulfillment- Warehouse and Order Fulfillment Centers
Mailing Lists- Direct Mail and E-mail Lists
New Products for Direct Marketers to Sell
Product Marketing- Promote your Product to Catalog and Direct Marketing Companies.
Product Marketing- Joe Cossman's Course for Marketing a Product
Product Marketing- How to Market a Product for Under $500
Start a Home Based Mail Order Business- Direct Marketing Toolkit
Wholesale and Drop Shipping- Professional Wholesale Resource Guide
Wholesale Search Engine
Direct Marketing and Mail Order Bookstore
National Mail Order Association Home
Direct Marketing Article Archive